Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Delicious, Delicate Butter Cookies and Frosting

I know I know, another cookie recipe. You are probably saying that I should change the title of this blog to AdventuresWithCookies. These cookies are SO good though I HAD to share. Me and Big A made a batch for Valentines Day and they disappeared VERY quickly.

Enjoy this recipe and once again, sorry for the extra pounds it may add :)


Butter Cookies and Frosting
Makes 35 cookies (yes I have not been able to squeeze 36 out of the recipe)

 Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
¼ tsp. salt

Icing:
2 Tbl. butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
milk (usually 2-3 Tbl.)
Food coloring if desired
 
Directi\ons:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Beat the butter and sugar together.  Add egg yolks and vanilla, mix well.

3. Add the flour and salt and mix until combined.
 
4. Shape into 1 inch balls. (I use a cookie scoop for uniformity)  Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.

5. Use a flat bottomed glass dipped in sugar and flatten cookies to about 1/4 inch thick.

 6. Bake for about 12 minutes. (I rotate the pan at 6 minutes for even cooking)

   Allow to cool on cookie sheet

For Icing:

1.  Mix Butter, Powdered Sugar, Vanilla and Salt

2.  Add milk to desired consistency
     (also add 1-2 drops food coloring if desired, I did pink this time)
*Note this amount only frosts 2 dozen cookies for me, Which is good since my Hubby hates frosting (Seriously who hates frosting?? ), I leave one dozen plain, if you want to frost the whole batch I’d double the recipe.

My Little Helper

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I have never made butter cookies, this recipe looks so simple. I love frosting like this, some frosting can be too much, but this is such a classic recipe I don't know how anyone could hate it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made butter cookies either, but I think I want to now. I love frosted cookies!! I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS HEADER!!! Thanks so much for joining the party, too. You make it so much better! Your friend, Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/03/what-to-do-weekends-9.html

    ReplyDelete