Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Truly AMAZING creamy chicken noodle soup

 
Have you ever created a new recipe and got it all dished out, tasted it and thought “Damn! That’s SO good!”, but then felt kinda weird to say it because… well, you made it? Well I am not going to be coy, this recipe was AMAZING!!!  My Favorite restaurant here in Salt Lake City (Little America Coffee Shop) makes the most amazing creamy chicken noodle soup. It is crazy expensive to buy as take out and only available on Sundays (soup of the day) so I decided to try and concoct a copy cat recipe. I snooped around pinterest and brought together elements from several recipes and added a few twists of my own and Voila! It turned out just as good if not (dare I say it???) better!
Jenn’s Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Tbsp. Chicken Bullion
3 cups chicken broth
8 carrots (2 cups), chopped
5 celery stalks (2 cups), chopped
1/2 onion (3/4 cup), chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup half and half
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded (I boil mine for 30 minutes with ½ an onion for added flavor)
2 1/2 cups noodles egg noodles, cooked
Optional: 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, 1 tsp fresh Rosemary(chopped), I tsp fresh sage (chopped)

Bring Broth, Bullion and Vegetables (carrots, celery and onion) to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes (till veggie’s are tender)
Combine soup and half and half, add Chicken and noodles. Then add the vegetables and the broth they were simmering in. Stir together (add fresh herbs now if using) and simmer 5- 10 minutes.
I even Got Big A's seal of approval
"Mommy, this is DE-LISH-IOUS! I LOVE it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment